Cystic fibrosis is the most common life-limiting genetic condition in the UK. As the country’s leading charity dedicated to CF, our volunteers, Trustees and staff are working hand in hand with our community to address the challenges it presents and seize exciting new opportunities to make a real change.
As a result of three of our current Trustees completing their normal terms of office, we are now looking for new Trustees to join our Board. We would be keen to talk to you if you have any of the following:
- Lived experience of cystic fibrosis
- Experience of clinical care of adults with cystic fibrosis
- Experience of creative marketing and communication skills, and using digital tools to drive transformation
- Experience of fundraising;
- Experience of diversity and inclusion within organisations
- Understanding of social welfare, socio-economic variation and deprivation
We are keen to ensure that the diversity of our organisation and the CF community is represented by our Board of Trustees. We would encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and would welcome the opportunity to hear from disabled people and from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) and LGBTQI candidates.
About the role
As a member of the Board of Trustees, you will have specific statutory duties, such as ensuring that we comply with charity and company law and that we use our resources responsibly to achieve our aims. Trustees serve for three years with the opportunity of a second term for a further three years.
Although our Head Office is in London, our community is spread across the UK and we are keen to reflect that regional diversity on our Board. With virtual meeting spaces, teleconferencing facilities and reasonable travelling expenses available, applicants are encouraged regardless of geographical location.
This is a voluntary role that is unpaid, but you can claim reasonable expenses if required, such as travel to attend meetings in person.
If you think you can help us beat CF for good, please download the Trustee Application Pack (2.48MB) for more information and the full role description and send us your CV, along with a covering letter, explaining:
- Why do you want to be a Trustee for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust?
- What skills can you bring to the Board of Trustees?
- What do you want to take away from this opportunity?
Please send your completed application to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Friday 26 February 2021, 10am
First interviews expected: week commencing 8 March 2021
Second interviews expected: week commencing 15 March 2021