The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the only UK-wide charity making a daily difference to the lives of people with cystic fibrosis, and those who care for them. We invest in cutting-edge research, drive up standards of clinical care, offer support for everyone affected by cystic fibrosis, and campaign hard on the issue that matter. Cystic fibrosis is chronically misunderstood, kills thousands worldwide and is carried unknowingly in the genes of millions.
We are looking for a volunteer intern ideally for a 12 week period for a minimum of one day per week. Travel and subsistence will be included, in accordance with our volunteer expenses policy.
- Supporting the Content and Digital teams to write copy for online and offline promotional materials.
- Using our Content Management System (CMS) Sitecore to refresh content, updating website pages with recommendations and fixing broken links to improve its effectiveness and visibility in search engines (SEO).
- Adapting content for different platforms, particularly adapting PDFs to website pages and resizing images for different platforms.
- Updating statistics from a number of sources (website, email, social media, advertising).
- Identifying online promotional opportunities.
- Tracking sales, conversion rates and making improvements to the website (including use of Hotjar and Google analytics).
- Assist in the planning and updating of project plans and processes.
- Copy checking across all marketing communications; especially website pages and emails.
Your key skills and attributes
- Digitally proficient and interested in digital marketing and digital media.
- Computer literate with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills.
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Confidence, enthusiasm and willingness to respond proactively to new challenges.
- Great communication and presentation skills
- High standard of written English.
- Communication skills and the ability to use your own initiative.
This role is currently closed, please take a look at the other roles available.