This flat course is the perfect 5k to reach your personal best!
Take advantage of one of our free charity places in exchange for a pledge to support the Cystic Fibrosis Trust with sponsorship of £100 or more.
Alternatively purchase your own place and run for us, just raise whatever you can!
- Great for those who are starting out in road races
- Starting and finishing near the EMF Hub at Dynamic Earth, this beautiful, scenic route takes place in Holyrood Park in the heart of Edinburgh.
- The route offers stunning views of Edinburgh Castle and panoramic views of the city.
- The Edinburgh Marathon has sold out every year since 2008 and is the second largest marathon in the UK, behind only London.
Runners start on Queens Drive and after 0.5km the route passes St. Margaret’s Loch before starting the ascent around the east side of Arthur’s Seat, before you pass Dunsapie Loch at around 2km.
On the far side of Arthur’s seat and approaching the halfway point, runners can enjoy spectacular views of Duddingston Loch below and across the southside of Edinburgh and beyond towards the Pentland Hills with the knowledge that the rest of the route is flat and downhill!
As the route continues down the West Side of this famous old volcano you can enjoy the views of the steep slopes on your right and in the distance the cheering masses at the final turn. The last 250m section runs back through the Start Line and then turns left onto Holyrood Gait and the Finish Line.
However you get a place, we promise all runners loads of support and encouragement along the way including:
- Team CF running top to wear with pride on the day
- Fundraising pack crammed full of ideas
- New online interactive Training Zone
- Regular team e-newsletters
- Cheer points along the route to spur you on!
Download a fundraising pack
Are your friends and family coming to cheer you on? Let us know and we'll kit them out with the balloons and banners they need to stand out from the crowd!
Why run for Cystic Fibrosis Trust?
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the only UK-wide charity dedicated to fighting for a life unlimited by cystic fibrosis for everyone living with the condition. We are investing in cutting-edge research, supporting clinical care, and campaigning tirelessly on the issues that matter, but we need your help. Together we will beat cystic fibrosis for good.
Pledge to raise £100 and join Team CF for this brilliant 5k race!
Got your own place?
If you have applied for a place direct from the organisers (or wish to), you can still use that place to run with Team CF. No minimum fundraising target, just enjoy the run!
CF Trust gave me amazing support when I chose to run for them. Not only were they fantastic in the build up helping me raise sponsorship, but on the day gave me the boost I needed to get a great time!